Thursday 14 November 2013

Life’s for living - and a Lab’s for swimming!


Off for our Wednesday Adventure Walk with Amber & Sunny and today plus the adorable Lotti. 
ELLY MY DAUGHTER'S BOXER WITH LOVELY LOTTI

Lotti is a one year old chocolate Lab I’ve been caring for (and training too). She’s a bundle of fun with so much energy she all but fizzes! She’s also what I call a social swimmer – she doesn’t need a ball or stick to entice her in - as she leaps into water and swims just for the hell of it.

At North Harbour Reserve as soon as we’re away from the road the leads are removed. Living up to expectations Lotti ran full pelt straight to the rock wall, clambered down into the sea, and began swimming. What occurred next was hilarious. Little Sunny the Cavadoodle stood on the rocks watching Lotti as if to say 'what's going on - don't leave me!’ Seconds later he jumped in and was swimming furiously behind Lotti.  At this point Amber, now seeing both the others in the water, could bear it no longer -  so in she went too! It was doggie Pied Piper with the Sunny and Amber swimming as fast as they could trying to keep up with Lotti. I stood on the side laughing out loud – a priceless moment.

LOTTI LEADING THE WAY, CHASED BY SUNNY, WITH  AMBER BRINGING UP THE REAR 

SO MUCH FUN OUR 1 HOUR WALK TIME EXPANDED TO 1 HR 18 MINS
Adventure walks are an hour (this was well over an hour) & leash free  so my dogs can really let off steam. They run &  play together (& with other dogs) and of course swim. At one point a guy passed us by walking slowly with 3 dogs on leads. And I just couldn’t help thinking how lucky Amber, Sunny & Lotti were, clearly having so much fun rather than being kept on leads and only allowed to walk on the grass….




1 comment:

  1. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

    happy shop

    ReplyDelete

How to get a no stress transition to your dog’s new PET SITTER or DOG MINDER

When I walk my Hound Dog Hotel guests I meet lots of dog owners who know about my boutique Dog Hotel  and we always talk ‘dog’ - our favou...